Salmon with spinach and coconut dahl
This is a hearty, warming Indian inspired recipe that works really well with salmon
What you will need: 75g Green lentils, 1 garlic clove, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 thumb sized bit of root ginger, 1 red onion, 750ml water (approx), 1/2 a can of coconut milk, a big handful of spinach, lime, salmon.
- finely dice the onion and fry it in vegatable oil in a pan until softened, add the garlic and ginger after a minute or 2.
- then add the powdered spices and mix
- add the lentils and then half of the water- cover the pan and bring to a simmer for 10 mins.
- check after 10 mins and add more water as it is absorbed by the lentils
- at the same time, pan fry your seasoned slamon fillets in veg oil. you can dust them with the chilli and curry powder for colour and flavour.
- the Lentils will take about 20 mins in total- once they are soft and the consitency is runny, add the spinach, let it wilt then add the coconut milk
- serve the dahl with the salmon and squeeze half a lime on top