Pesto salmon and crispy potato tray bake
This was a childhood classic and still a regular go to salmon recipe. Putting the salmon on top of the potatoes keep the whole lot in one dish- easy peasy.
Ingredients: Salmon fillets, Potatoes, pesto, garlic, parmesan, bread crumbs (which i forgot🙄)
1) You want your potatoes to be about lime - lemon size. no smaller, no bigger. If you are staring with big potatoes, cut them in half. Allrounders are best but new potatoes will work fine.
2) Boil the potatoes until they are soft enough to crush but not disintegrating. This will take about 15 mins.
3) Drain the potatoes and put them in a baking tray let them steam dry for a few minutes and then gently crush them with a spoon.
4) Add a good coating of olive oil, salt and a few garlic cloves and them put them in the oven for 40 mins at 190C turning occasionally.
5) once the potatoes are pretty much cooked, take the tray out and place your salmon on top, skin side down. Smother the salmon in pesto and then a good amount of grated parmesan ans bread crumbs.
6) Return the tray to the oven and cook for a further 10-12 mins.
Serve with some greens and tuck in!
To buy some salmon fillets click here