Cod loin with chorizo, butter beans and cavolo nero.
Another 1 pot recipe with hearty, comfroting ingredients that will keep you warm in the winter months.
What you will need: 1 tin of butter beans (or canaloni), 1 shallot, 100g of chorizo cut into chunks, 4 cavalo nero leaves or 200g kale, 1 red chilli, 1/2 a lemon, 1 garlic clove and a cod loin.
- In a heavy saucepan, gently fry the diced shallots in olive oil and then add the chorizo and garlic and chilli.
- strip the darker part of the cavolo nero away from the stalk
- Once the chorizo has turned the oil organge and the shollots and garlic have softened add the cavolo nero.
- Stir in and leave for a minute wiht the lid on.
- Then drain a can of butter beans and add them, gently stirring so they dont break up.
- Once they have warmed through add a squeeze of lemon and place the cod on top of the other ingredinets and place the lid on.
- Turn the heat to low and leave the cod to steam for 10 mins or so
- Lift the lid to check the cod is cooked through and tuck in!