Thai green cod curry
Packed with flavour and easy to make this recipe will make eating healthy fihs easy!
Ingredients: 1 chunk of ginger, 4 garlic cloves, 1 large shallot or small white onion, 1 Lemon grass stalk, 2 green birdseye chillis (add more or less to preference), 1 tsp ground cumin, 1tsp tumeric, 1 tsbp fish sauce, 2 cupped handfuls of chopped coriander, juice of one lime, Cod loin for 2 servings cut into chunks, kafir lime leaves, 1 tin of coconut milk.
for the paste use a food processor. I have used a pestle and mortar here because i didint have a blender to hand! A food processor will make life much easier.
1) Blitz the ginger, garlic, shallot, lemon grass, chillis, cumin, tumeric, fish sauce lime juice and croriander into a paste.
This can be frozen so why not make a big batch and freeze some for another time? This recipe works really well with shimps too.
2) heat a little vegatable oil in a wok and add the paste. Gently fry the paste to soften the ingredients and wake up the flavours.
3) Once the paste has fried for a bit (3 mins ish) add a tin of coconut milk
4) On a gentle heat, warm this mixture though and let it bubble for a few minutes. then add the chunks of cod.
5) Cook the cod though for about 6 mins- Done!
6) Serve with rice and garnish with some chilli and coriander leaves