1 pot shrimp and scallop rice pot COOK FROM FROZEN RECIPE
If your looking for a quick fix of comfort food this this the recipe for you. Only one pot to clean and we've designed this one for frozen shrimps and scallops- not need to defrost just chuck them in.
Ingredients (feeds 2): 1 cup Basmati rice, 1.5 cup water, 6 frozen shrimps, 6 frozen scallops, 2 tbsp Soy sauce, 1 tsp runny honey, chilli oil (optional), 1 chopped garlic clove, 1 chopped, thumb sized piece of ginger, 1 red chilli, 2 spring onions.
1) First, get your scallops and shrimps out and leave at room temperature while you prepare the rice etc (steps 2-4).
Use a heavy bottomed, non stick sauce pan. To this add the rice (dry), soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and some chilli oil.
2) Add water ! IMPORTANT ! you need to get the amount of water right for this recipe as it will all be absorbed by the rice. Add 1.5 x the amount of water to rice. i.e. if you use one cup of rice add 1.5 cups of water. The easiest way to do this is to use the same cup to measure your rice and your water, adding an extra half cup of water.
3) Now put the pan on the hob and leave for 5 minutes with the lid on and bring to a simmer.
4) After 5 mins the liqid should be simmering- add your frozen shrimps and scallops, stir so they are covered and then replace the lid. leave for 10 more minutes.
5) Remove from the heat and leave the pan to stand for a few minutes while you slice some spring onion and red chilli to garnish.
6) Remove the lid- you should see light fluffy rice, no liquid and perfectly cooked seafood
7) Give the rice a stir and tuck in!